Managers and executives that qualify for L-1A visas, and specialized knowledge professionals that qualify for L-1B visas may be admitted to the United States under an L Blanket petition without the need for the petitioning company to make individual visa applications for each employee.
A petitioning company and its branches, subsidiaries, affiliates, and its parent may qualify for an L Blanket if the following requirements are met:
- The petitioner and each of those entities are engaged in commercial trade or services;
- The petitioner has an office in the United States that has been doing business for one year or more;
- The petitioner has three or more domestic and foreign branches, subsidiaries, or affiliates; and
- The petitioner and the other qualifying organizations have at least one of the following:
- have obtained approval of petitions for at least ten “L” managers, executives, or specialized knowledge professionals during the previous 12 months;
- have U.S. subsidiaries or affiliates with combined annual sales of at least $25 million; or
- have a U.S. work force of at least 1000 employees.
Commercial organizations that satisfy certain size conditions, or previous volume of “L” activity may submit one L Blanket application for multiple L-1A and/or L-1B visa candidates employed by the company.
Blanket L visas are valid for up to three years and may be extended indefinitely.