Nonimmigrant Visas2018-12-06T01:19:32+00:00

Nonimmigrant or Temporary Worker Visas

To work temporarily and lawfully in the United States, a prospective employer must generally file a nonimmigrant petition on your behalf with United States Citizenship and Immigration Services.

The most common temporary working visa categories are:

Workers in a specialty occupation and the following sub-classifications:

H-1B1 – Free Trade Agreement workers in a specialty occupation from Chile and Singapore.

H-1B2 – Specialty occupations related to Department of Defense Cooperative Research and Development projects or Co-production projects.

H-1B3 – Fashion models of distinguished merit and ability.


Intracompany transferees in managerial or executive positions.


Intracompany transferees in positions utilizing specialized knowledge.  The L-1B visa is for persons employed for at least one of the previous three years at a non-U.S. firm, corporation, or other legal entity, who will come to the U.S. to work at its related entity in the United States as an employee who has specialized knowledge.


Managers and executives that qualify for L-1A visas, and specialized knowledge professionals that qualify for L-1B visas may be admitted to the United States under an L Blanket petition without the need for the petitioning company to make individual visa applications for each employee.


Persons with extraordinary ability in sciences, arts, education, business, or athletics and motion picture or TV production.


P-1A Internationally recognized athletes.

P-1B Internationally recognized entertainers or members of internationally recognized entertainment groups.

P-2 Individual performer or part of a group entering to perform under a reciprocal exchange program.

P-3 Artists or entertainers, either an individual or group, to perform, teach, or coach under a program that is culturally unique.


The J-1 visa allows students, scholars, trainees in business and industry, research assistants, teachers, and international visitors on cultural missions come to the U.S. to participate in a variety of informational exchange programs sponsored by schools, businesses, and various organizations and institutions.


The visa is available for Canadian and Mexican business visitors, treaty traders and investors, intra-company transferees, and professionals to work in the U.S.


Available to visitors from all nations coming to the U.S. for business. The visa is often issued for ten years, valid for multiple entries.


For more information on employment nonimmigrant visa or green card options, please complete our Client Questionnaire or visit:

Contact Us

error: Content is protected !!